Old 04-14-2018, 11:07 AM #1 (permalink)
Very Helpful Member
Registered Member

diamond is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond is a glorious beacon of light
Very Helpful Member
Registered Member
City: somewhere
State: anywhere
Diagnosed: 01/2008
Interest: I have Fibromyalgia, chronic pain, or chronic fatigue.
diamond is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond is a glorious beacon of light
Default Knees

Anyone else have debilitating knee pain through both knees and into calves every day?

Like bone running bone..

I used to get flares like it but now its permanent.
diamond is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 04:39 PM #2 (permalink)
Registered Member

sunkacola is just really nicesunkacola is just really nicesunkacola is just really nicesunkacola is just really nice
Registered Member
City: In the country
State: Somewhere
sunkacola is just really nicesunkacola is just really nicesunkacola is just really nicesunkacola is just really nice
Default Re: Knees

I don't have that kind of pain. But I have known people who did and a knee replacement surgery took care of it. Don't know if you would be a candidate for that or not but you might want to look into it.
sunkacola is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 04:27 AM #3 (permalink)
Registered Member

Lou38 will become famous soon enough
Registered Member
City: Scotland
State: Scotland
Diagnosed: 02/2017
Lou38 will become famous soon enough

Knee pain is one of my worst fibro symptoms but I also have osteoarthritis in both knees so my knees make all sorts of noises when I move them and I often get that grinding sensation, it’s horrible. I attended knee osteoarthritis classes which work on building up the muscles around your knees. The exercises are very easy to do and don’t require any level of fitness. You could probably research them online rather than seeing a physio as they’re really easy. Also one of the things the physio recommended was a set of bicycle pedals. You can buy them fairly cheaply online and can use them while sitting on a chair at home while watching tv, reading or whatever. I’m only 39 so it will be a long time before I’ll be offered a knee replacement and need to do what i can in the meantime to make things bearable.
Lou38 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 11:41 AM #4 (permalink)
Very Helpful Member
Registered Member

Very Helpful Member
Registered Member
City: somewhere
State: anywhere
Diagnosed: 01/2008

I have tried doing simple leg raises Lou to strengthen the muscles...what happens is that then my tendons around the knees seize up and the whole lot gets even stiffer and more painful.

Do you think your is partly fibro or mostly the OA.

I think maybe my overall fitness has declined so much that even the most minor exercises seem to make it worse. I keep trying to find a balance but have been hobbling for well over 18 month and had problems with my knees although less right from the fibro get go and they throb all night in bed too.

May i ask Lou does anything ease your knee pain. You are some what younger than me so very young to have both these conditions.....and i know you walk your dog if my memory serves me correctly which is the right thing as my overall condition was so much better when i could keep moving.

Did you have xrays or MRI to diagnose you OA. I think i must get myself checked out....the NHS down here seems so slow and reluctant once you are labelled with fibro...but i do seem to have an awful lot of problems with tendon and ligament pain all over my body where joints meet muscles and bones.

Nice to hear from you on the forum ...thanks for replying.
diamond is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
flares, knee, knee pain, pain