New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member

Cmkate is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member
City: Ireland
State: Ireland
Diagnosed: 02/2018
Interest: I am being diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and/or chronic pain.
Cmkate is on a distinguished road
Default Fibro affecting my marriage

I don't even know how to start this. I'm waiting for formal diagnosis of fibro bit go and consultant both believe I have it. I've come to accept my limitations over the last 5 years. My husband cannot. We row constantly about sex. He wants it, I'm either phsically sore, fatigued or both. It has been an ongoing issue for about 5yrs since I had our daughter. At this stage I feel emotionally detached from him. If I suggest postponing sex for a night he huffs and continues to huff until we have sex. I've always relented. This last 2 months I've had severe pain every day. We haven't been intimate as I've been too sore or he huffs and it's a visciouse cycle. I haven't the energy for this on top of being a mum, maintaining job and fibro. I just needed to vent. Exasperated and worn out.
Cmkate is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 02:32 PM #2 (permalink)
Registered Member

Lou38 will become famous soon enough
Registered Member
City: Scotland
State: Scotland
Diagnosed: 02/2017
Interest: I have Fibromyalgia, chronic pain, or chronic fatigue.
Lou38 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Fibro affecting my marriage

I think every one of us on here could say that our partners have struggled to cope with our fibro. It’s so difficult for them to understand & really frustrating a lot of the time. My husband struggled for a long time to the point that we almost separated after 22 years together & being married for 19 years. He still has his moments where I can see he’s annoyed or frustrated but we have definitely come through the worst of it. I know it’s hard but try & be a wee bit patient, maybe try saying that you still want to have some closeness cuddling in bed etc & that you might be feeling up for a bit more soon. Be firm though & don’t give in when you’re really not feeling up to it, you’ll only end up feeling more exhausted & sore in the long run. It would also be worth pointing your husband in the right direction for some information on fibro. I hope things start to improve for you soon.
Lou38 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lou38 For This Useful Post:
missv (06-25-2018)
Old 07-16-2018, 09:57 AM #3 (permalink)
Registered Member

links56 is on a distinguished road
Registered Member
City: New Boston
State: Illinois
Diagnosed: 01/2013
Interest: I have been diagnosed with FIBRO/CFS/PAIN
links56 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fibro affecting my marriage

My marriage is always strained from the Fibro. My wife just doesn't understand what its like. I can see the other side of it too. Some times she touches me and I just can't handle the extra stimuli of her hand on my arm or leg. I'm in so much pain and it takes everything Ive got to endure the pain that something as simple as a hand on my arm is just too much and its painful. So then I tell her that and then shes hurt and thinks I don't want her to touch me ever. The next day I might be able to handle it but you never know when and she has to "walk on eggshells" around me she says. Like I have control over it or something. I'm sorry I don't have a better solution but at least I can tell you you're definitely not alone. Hang in there and try to get him to understand more about Fibro.
links56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 01:45 PM #4 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member

Hkitty is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member
City: Kapolei
State: HAWAII
Diagnosed: 06/2008
Interest: I have Fibromyalgia, chronic pain, or chronic fatigue.
Hkitty is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Fibro affecting my marriage

Hi,

Iím so sad to hear you are having marriage problems due to fibro/chronic pain. It is very hard for your spouse to understand. I was diagnosed almost 10 years now and while I am better able to cope with the pain, my relationship has suffered. I do go to therapy and I think that helps. Also, sad to say but my Bf has chronic pain now due to stenosis and gets it. But in a note of irony he does say I donít nserstand his pain! Go figure! Hang in there.
Hkitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
age, diagnosis, energy, how to, job, night, pain, sore, vent