Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
State
Oxfordshire
I'm not diagnosed and have not gone to a doctor about fibro, but I feel like quite a lot of my symptoms fit with fibromyalgia symptoms. I know none of you can diagnose me over the internet, I'm just wondering when did you go to a doctor and what made you realise it was worth it?

Just to illustrate what I mean I'll explain how it applies to me. I've had a lot of pain for as long as I can remember really, when I was younger I did go to doctor about some things and they said that I would probably grow out of it, but that definitely has not happened. However, it's really hard to definitely know what is normal, or what is worth medical attention. Compared to some people's fibro stories I know I have it much easier, I'm not in constant agony, but I am in some amount of pain constantly and walking and doing things tends to be painful as well to some extent.
So yeah, I can continue with my life, I'm just in pain and tend to avoid doing things and I am conflicted about whether this is worth going to a gp about.

So yeah, how did you realise that your situation wasn't normal and build up the courage to go to a doctor basically saying that everything hurts? (I did briefly bring it up with a doctor, but he just said that it's very vague and doesn't give him much to go off so am quite anxious about just being dismissed)

Thanks for whatever help you can give

When I went to a Rheumi I literally was convinced I had myofascial pain syndrome. I feel they pigeonholed me only into Fibro as an umbrella term. I have not had but suspect sl I have also muscle metabolic issues and a type of arthritis. My nephew pulled a back.muscle at 26 and his autoimmune system attacked all of his muscles causing him incredible pain. His Dna revealed a propensity for reactive arthritis but arthritis is just for joint pain descriptions medically. If I have the same Dna issue it would make a lot of sense. In any case I feel like a very complicated picture with autoimmune muscle damage like mixed connective tissue disease and a multiple whiplash chronic pain history tie to Fibrous too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back