New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member

NJlady is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member
City: East Windsor
State: New Jersey
Diagnosed: 10/2014
Interest: I have Fibromyalgia, chronic pain, or chronic fatigue.
NJlady is on a distinguished road
Default Has anyone had breast reduction/lift with Fibro?

Hi all,

You don't know me. I'm new to the forum. I can't type very long on the computer because of my severe Fibro condition. So, I've mostly been just lurking around.

But now I have a question...

First, let me say that I have large (36D or DD) breasts and have not been able to wear a bra for about 3-4 yrs. now because I have spasms, swollen areas of very tight muscles in all the places touched by any kind of bra. As a result my breasts have dropped probably 2" almost to my belly button and are rather flaccid, making them each like 3 lb. balls hanging off my chest. They pull on my upper chest/collar bone area, shoulders, and my neck muscles, which exasperates the pain I have in these areas, and now is making it hard on my upper back.

I made an appt with a breast surgeon, but then cancelled it at the last minute. I had just looked at the aftercare instructions on the website and read that I'd have to wear a surgical bra then sports bra for 24/7 for 3 weeks. That killed the deal for me because I can't wear bras now. I'd be in absolute agony wearing one all day everyday.

Questions: Have any of you had a reduction with or without a lift while you had Fibro? Anyone in a "bra situation" like me out there? Was the aftercare extra painful?

Please share your experiences with me so I can decide what to do (though I have just wanted to take a large knife and cut them off myself!).

Thank you in advance.

NJLady
NJlady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
back, condition, lift, neck, pain, spasms, wanted, website