Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hi,
I am new to this. I have not been diagnosed with anything but being treated for fibromyalgia. Now I am having new symptoms and I am concerned. I started a year and a half ago with crawly/goosebumps on left thigh, left scalp, thawed out feeling on top of left hand and left side of face and pain in both hips. Then fatique and weakness set in. I still have all of these symptoms and now new ones, which concern me. I started having muscle twitches(not sure if muscles or nerves). Just know something is twitching all over my body. I have vibrations in my body. I think when the vibrations are all over it feels like I am shakey in the inside of my body(after one of these episodes my left side gets chilled for hours and aches) but I don't visibly shake. I have vibrations on the back of my right foot and my legs. My left side is weaker than my right. When I use my left hand too much(which is not a lot) it gets achey with sharp pains in palm part. It feels really deep inside. Not my fingers or wrist. I definetly am concerned about the weakness and wondered if anybody else started out this way. Please help me understand. GChild

Re: ALS or not. Need Advice

Unfortunately, nobody can say for sure what you have. I would say see a neurologist if you are very stressed out over this. Stress can only make things worse. My brother who was very stressed over something developed body twitches. Twitches and or weakness does not automatically mean ALS. Actually, it is one of the symptoms of fibromyalsia. To put your mind at rest, you should see your doctor.

Hi, Your symptoms are very diff. from mine. I have limb onset ALS, I started with weakness in my left leg and mild fasiculating, muscle cramping
too. Have you seen a Neurologist that specializes in MND yet?

Hi GChild. Sorry you are here but glad you found us. I agree with the others that you need to see a Neurologist that is familiar with ALS and the other Motor Neuron diseases. I'm not a doctor but your symptoms sound more like a couple of things other than ALS or just a progression of your fibromyalgia. Get checked out and let us know what happens. We care here.
Al.

Thanks. I have seen a Neurologist but not sure what she specialized in. She told me what I didn't have and sent me on my way. But I do go to a Preventive Medicine/MD and she is helping me find out what is going on. Hope everything goes well for you. Thanks for caring. GChild

I did something wrong. I replied to all of you but only one showed up. Anyway, thanks to all of you. You have been very helpful. GChild

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back