Not open for further replies.

glacier

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
SP
State
san cristobal
Anyone here who makes a business out from a hobby or a passion? I asked because I used to do that. I was selling perfumes and room fragrances before. I had a huge liking in everything fragrant so I decided to create my own perfumes. I was able to find chemists who pointed me to fragrance suppliers until I was able to learn how to manufacture one myself. It was not that costly to produce a bottle of perfume and I thought I could sell that to friends. It eventually picked-up and I had huge orders left and right. I just had to stop it when I got pregnant. The chemicals were harsh for pregnant women. I wish to go back to that business. I enjoyed it and I profited from it as well.

I did commerical photography for a while when I was in Florida. I have made simple fashion jewelry and some crochet items. I have done some sewing making lap robes and matching quilts for children with pillows and simple matching pillowcases. Have made some things out of plastic canvas and woodwooking, but never made much money doing it. So now I do these things as a hobby for my own enjoyment.

Every now and then someone wants something specially made for them but I can't made lots of stuff if the outlet or market is not there to sell the items. I do better at writing.

I often partake in freelance writing. I love it because I have always enjoyed writing and been fond of English literature too. I use Textbroker to earn some money, and the good thing about it is you can work as much or as little as you like. Textbroker is basically a freelance writing site where you can put your writing skills to the test and also make money in the process.

There are so many talented people here. I have never turned a hobby into a money making job. But I am writing a book. It is geared toward teenagers or pre-teens. And it is of the supernatural genre. Maybe someday when I complete it I may get published. But for right now it is just a fun hobby that I really love to do.

I would love to be able to create different perfumes. That sounds amazing. I love the vanilla and musky scents. And Lavender as well.

I wish I was as lucky as you people who posted. I have always wanted to make a living doing something that I am passionate about. I have never found that. Right now I work at a tissue bank and that is rewarding but not what I had in mind. I wish I could harness what I am good at as well as enjoy and make a career out of it. Even if it was something that I did part time it would be worth it. Still looking :)

There are so many talented people here. I have never turned a hobby into a money making job. But I am writing a book. It is geared toward teenagers or pre-teens. And it is of the supernatural genre. Maybe someday when I complete it I may get published. But for right now it is just a fun hobby that I really love to do.

I would love to be able to create different perfumes. That sounds amazing. I love the vanilla and musky scents. And Lavender as well.

I wanna read that! I just developed a hobby for supernatural subject books lately so I would love a new one. The one I am reading now is crap but I will finish it anyway.

I used to profit from my liking to write :) I worked as a freelance writer for a while, I only worked 22 days a month, but was getting paid very well. I wrote software/video game reviews for several web sites that were run by the same person. I lost that job recently, and I'm now trying to find a similar one. I'm hoping I can find a job as a transcriptionist or a freelance translator anytime soon, to be honest I'm fed up of writing :p I'd not mind to stop writing for a while to be honest!

I would like to make money selling crochet designs and OOAK jewelry. I have started working on the first pattern, an item made in either crochet thread or yarn, depending on the season. I need to write out the procedures and stitches I used, then create a stitch chart.

Sounds really simple but procrastination is a science, at my house. I also need to take picture of the finished piece.

I am building my jewelry skills, slowly but surely, and want to make polymer clay focal beads and medallions.

I have not explored building an Etsy store, or any of the other options I've seen. I am focusing on building my skills, for now.

My hobby is wildlife, bird and landscape photography. I have been stocking my photos over the last 5 or so years and hope that I can start selling some prints very soon. It will probably just be a loved hobby, not something I could realistically make a living at due to my disability and the limited amount of time and energy that I am able to devote to it. At least I am able to enjoy the outdoors and then go home to edit the photos in my own time and space. LOVIN' IT!

I would love getting into making items with essential oils.

I write too but don't make much money at it. What do you do to make money writing, if you don't mind my asking? I have but not much and not often.

I have not done so yet. It's hard to be passionate about bookkeeping. :) Although I do like taking care of others, which is how I see bookkeeping.

I would like to hear more about the writing as well!

Well the problem arises when we consider the indentured servitude that arises from crippling college debts. You can't do what you love when your budget demands that you obtain a soul sucking job that pays well enough in order for you to making monthly on time payments to student loan companies. Also, what if everyone actually did pursue what they love as a career? We'd have nobody left to do the undesirable jobs like custodian, garbage man, fast food worker and coroner.

I haven't started yet, but I want to start making natural lotions and things like that to help people with eczema. My oldest daughter has horrible eczema and nothing seems to help her but we have found a couple homemade creams and lotion bars that have helped her tremendously. I would like to help others with this condition.

What would you put in the lotions to separate them from the rest of the lotions out there? There are already so many to pick from. Would you use oatmeal or honey? I hear those work in lotions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back