Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2012
Country
US
State
Maryland
We all have our own hobbies. But what hobby helps your fibromyalgia the most? The hobby that helps my fibro the most is Model Railroading. Starting to make my own layout. Fixing and restoring trains to their former glory.
What hobby helps you?

We all have our own hobbies. But what hobby helps your fibromyalgia the most? The hobby that helps my fibro the most is Model Railroading. Starting to make my own layout. Fixing and restoring trains to their former glory.
What hobby helps you?

I make jewellery :) I volunteer my time to keep up a shop at our church and my speciality is making all of the jewellery.

Art Journalling has been the best hobby for me. it allows me to vent (without burdening my loved ones) and best of all to play! splashes of color, random thoughts and phrases, bits and pieces of interesting textured items all coming together like a magpie's nest - chaotic to most but beautiful and healing for me

Id like to start art jouraling..any tips ?

I've been entering simple and fun contests online. I made a music video for one, wrote an essay for another, drew a picture for another, and I'm working on a "fan fiction" story for another. These contests give me goals and a sense of accomplishment, but allow me to work at my own pace and only do as much as I'm capable of. It helps me be creative. For almost a year I had the hardest time thinking straight, and my creative energy was nearly gone because of my lack of mental energy. I've gained more mental energy, and my creative side has started turning on again. Having guidelines to be creative in helps a lot, so these contests are really helping me to focus.

Id like to start art jouraling..any tips ?
i began by watching videos on youtube under the headings of art journaling(aj), (aj) techniques, mixed media (mm), or (mm) techniques. most video bloggers will show you how they use their techniques as they create their pages. you can also find videos on how to make most of the media yourself, or at least what substitutes to use. Creating the media is half of the fun of creating the page. also use items you have on hand: scrap pieces of paper, newspaper articles, dictionary pages, old books. sand, sawdust, pencil shavings, bits of fabric, drywall tape to create texture and layers. allow your imagination to roam and remember to play as you create your pages. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A MISTAKE for this journal will be for your eyes only and allow what you want to call a 'mistake' to become part of the journaling process. HAVE FUN and let me know how it goes! -S

The hobby that helps me the most is swimming in a warm water pool. I am a member of a gym that has a warm water therapy pool, since I already love to swim this really made me excited. The warm water eases my pain and I stay in there for hours. My body actually relaxes and allows me to enjoy swimming.

I enjoy writing everyday on different writing sites. I've also started writing a novel, and that alone will keep me busy for quite a long time. Writing keeps my mind of off Fibromyalgia stress, and pain. I would think setting in a chair day after day writing would cause me to be in alot of pain; however, for some reason it doesn't cause me extra pain. It could be because my mind is content, and less stressed, doing something I enjoy doing,

I've been a scrapbooker for many years now and I really do feel that scrapbooking is one of the things that helps me the most when I'm feeling in pain. I think that the reason that it helps me the way that it does is because of the fact that it is something that I am able to pour all of my emotion in to.

I like making picture postcards and find being out taking pictures is very relaxing and then working on my computer is fun too. I love my simple gardening and doing art work. I like plastic canvas projects but pulling the thread through the holes hurts my fingers and shoulders. Maybe I should have said surfing the web instead. LOL :)

Bike riding helps me great whenever I'm late to my office. It really gives me lot of benefits whenever I have to brought out something from market.

The hobby that benefits me more is table tennis, it keeps me fit and also healthy, it also helps me get rid of stress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back