Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2013
Country
US
State
ME
A couple times a week, I get up early and walk to the pond where we have a lovely sand beach and a sheltered cove. Or I go to a couple saltwater beaches...Curtis Cove and The Carrying Place. It's been nice to be so close to water on the hot humid days this summer. As long as I stay out of the direct sun, I enjoy the beach. Especially with my granddaughter.

I've been to the beach 2 times this summer. I wish I could go more, but my partner works almost all days so we don't have time to do all the things we'd like. I love the beach, I don't know why but it's just so relaxing and fun. The sun can sometimes be too much, I think the key is to avoid it near midday. Enjoy the water earlier in the morning or in the afternoon, and retreat to shade during midday.

I used to live for many years near the ocean where I went to swim and walk on a daily basis. But I now live in the city, hours away from any beaches, and life has changed a lot. I now concentrate more on swimming pools and parks to get my dose of exercise and relaxation. I also love going for bike rides in the many green corridors around the city. But, as you can imagine, I can't stop dreaming of adopting my old beach life style again at some stage. :)

I would love to go to the beach! I used to go several times a year until the Great Recession hit. I have no money at all so it makes it very challenging to get out and do anything these days. I feel so at peace at the beach. If there was one place that I could go and just totally relax and be rejuvenated, that would be the place. I really need to go as soon as I am able to for not just my emotional health, but for my physical health as well. I love watching the waves crash on the shore, as well as all of the wildlife that I see out on the coast. My favorite thing to do is to watch sunsets over the ocean every chance I get and there is no place on this planet where I feel more calm and at peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back