Not open for further replies.

twiztc

Diagnosis
08/2000
Country
CA
State
ON
Not really a rant or anything, just an observation, a query.

Now the past couple days I have been in quite a lot of pain. Monday it was getting to me and I was near to tears on and off and when I got home from work I collapsed on the bed exhausted from it all, hoping to go to sleep. I didn't, so just contented myself to just lay there resting for half hour.
Now today I'm in the same pain, maybe even worse, i can hardly walk, my back killing me,my feet legs and hands all puffy and swollen and a headache from Hades. I'm on my monthly too with all the crap that goes with that and talking of crap, had a touch of an IBS day.
All that and my mood is amazing, I've been happy, singing and dancing (well chair jigging)all day at work, got home feeling fine with the pain, no sleepy nodding off stuff. A day like that with very little sleep last night (4 hrs in total in 45-60 minute sections)
Now why the hell is this. we keep being told sleep deprivation makes us worse, but i quite often have some of my best days after awful nights.
And why is it some days we can deal with agony and another the pain may be a bit less even, and we become a ball of wailing quivering useless lumps?
I am concerned though. When I have these almost euphoric highs I usually come crashing down hard in a day or so. I do hope its gentle with me ;)

i think people with fibro are sort of bi-polar in a way. each day's pain threshold is different as is the amount of pain per day. so we don't have consistent feelings and attitudes toward our daily lives. that sort of is a little bit like being bi-polar if you think about it. people with fibro are so unpredictable and like you said above, fickle.

I have not experienced euphoria. This is very curious! I do, every once in awhile, feel strong. I think maybe I can take a walk, I'm so strong.Usually doesn't pan out but it feels good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back