Not open for further replies.

dorann

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
Kentucky
Does anyone realize just how impossible it is to navigate day to day life with just one arm?

Since I broke my arm on Monday, there is very little that I can do for myself. I can't drive, I can't cook and I cannot even bathe. The most simple of tasks are nearly impossible when one arm is immobilized.

Perhaps the worst of it for me is that I cannot even open my bottle of pain medicine.

So sorry to hear that, Dorann :( I've never broken an arm, so I can't jump and say I know what is like to be immobilized like that. I can't imagine what it'd be like to be immobilized like that, I hope you are getting some help from your family or friends? But there are things you must do on your own and can't definitely get help with :( I wish you the best of luck and I hope you get better soon.

So sorry to hear that, Dorann :( I've never broken an arm, so I can't jump and say I know what is like to be immobilized like that. I can't imagine what it'd be like to be immobilized like that, I hope you are getting some help from your family or friends? But there are things you must do on your own and can't definitely get help with :( I wish you the best of luck and I hope you get better soon.

I actually did have a broken arm when I was in college, and it was actually my dominant (left) arm then. With the inability to use my right arm (long arm cast), I feel that I am pretty helpless. I can't drive, I am struggling with getting dressed and showering is impossible.

Oh so you are a leftie just like me!? Having a broken arm, even if it's not your dominant one is tough :( Are you getting some help around the house? Cooking and washing dishes with one arm is surely out of the question :(

I am getting some help from my hubby, but I am alone during the day and I feel terrible that I really cannot get much accomplished at all.

That's great :) At least your hubby is helping you out to do the difficult things like taking a shower and cooking :) Did the doctor tell you when you are supposed to completely heal? I heard this kind of injuries takes a while to heal :( My mom hurt her leg as well, but wasn't broken! It was just fractured.

I think when one finds him/herself in someone else shoe, they start to appreciate life better and every part of their body too. Even though you will soon get better, just imagine the people who are permanently in that state.

Quick recovery to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back