Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
12/2013
Country
US
State
CA
I was just diagnosed, and my pain and exhaustion are overwhelming right now. I've been on a reduced work schedule and working from home for those hours since November. Working from home sort of sucks but at least I was still working. Last week my company said I had to go on a full medical leave and now I just feel useless. I haven't ever been either a full time student or had a full time job, and I just don't know what to do. I'm afraid that I won't recover quickly enough and I will lose my job and then I have no idea what I will do.

It is just so frustrating! Some days I am proud of myself for putting a new trash bag in the kitchen trash can and making myself tea. Some days I'm not even capable of that.

Hello,
Yes back pain is very serious silent killer it kills the lifestyle of person who has it. Back pain will make person very weak and dependent on others it should be long lasting...

Hang in there. You should probably seek advice I don't think they have the right to "make you" leave. If your doctor says you can work part time the. The company has to follow doctors orders. Check into it you are not useless. You are suffering from an awful condition and you Re not alone. Are you taking anything ? Lyrica seems to help me. Also if your not taking cymbalta tramadol is very helpful. Hang in there. I'm here if you want to vent, yell, scream or cry or just talk.

I'm sorry you're dealing with a new diagnosis and work related issues.

I don't know what the laws are in California. Can they let you go if a doctor says you're unable to work? Is it possible they're trying to give you an opportunity to get better (I know how that sounds) so you can come back to work full time? I know it's pretty easy to feel useless when you're dealing with a disease like this but you shouldn't. We're survivors right? That's a feat in itself really. You need time to adjust to both the pain and the diagnosis. Are you receiving help from your doctor?

I wish I could offer more help. I hope you find some relief soon and sort the issue out with your employer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back