Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
sg
State
aingapore
Dont know if its just me but i constantly think of my fibromyalgia, i try to think of other things in the hope it might help with the symptoms, but it doesnt last for long. i am continually questionings myself is this or that happening because of the FM. The worse my symptoms are the more i question myself. and i wonder if im making it worse.

mouse, its all of us. your getting your anxiety levels up by thinking of the FM. this is just increasing your symptoms.
learn what fibro is all about and what your triggers are. stop questioning and start learning.
try to stay calm. sounds like you have lots of work to do still.(this will keep your mind of the pain too) read the posts and learn.

Hi, for the first ten years, and to be truthful even now I feel the same way, but I have more of a clue now as to what dose and what dose not make me worse... You do learn to relax, and in the end you have to make this condition your friend , and work with rather than against it, it's different for everyone but it seems to have the same key elements , if any of this makes any sense lol it did in my own head anyways lol x

When u hurt everyday it's hard not to think about it.dont beat yourself up about it,in time u will just learn to let it flow over your head with a fleeting thought.

All of the above and I find that my hobbies help. For me it is prayer, reading, quilting, crochet and seasonal gardening. Anything to help you deal with the pain and frantic thoughts. And when it's one of those can't get out of bed my dog cuddles up with me he will stay with me for hours if that is needed. :)

thanks everyone for your thoughts and info will try harder to keep calm, hope your all in a good place right now. Im a bit upset with my Dr atm. the other day i had what is called breakthrough pain. it was excruciating.. my dr hadnt told me about what to do in this instance. luckily i got hold of his nurse as it was just after closing time. i didnt know i could take certain meds with others. seeing him tomorrow. will be having a word :?:

mouse, tomorrow at DR office. Please be calm with him. you need his help. you dont want to be "blackballed".
i too have the same breakthrough the meds pain. they can only increase your dose or change meds to something stronger.
not sure if this doctor is Pain Mgt or PCP. If its a PCP then you will need him to refer you to PM. dont piss him/she off.

document all thats been happening and the pain levels each day. agree on a pain level that is acceptable to you. then you can say/show that that pain level is not being met. your meds should keep you at a pain level. if that pain level is higher than the med its called break through pain.

Good luck please stay calm and understand he is trying to help you with the meds. he is also putting his licence on the line with each dose you take.

i did that and they stopped refills on my meds with no notice at all. withdrawals were unreal pain!
As my wife says use the doctor for what you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back