New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member
City: largo
State: Fl
Diagnosed: 01/2113
Interest: I have been diagnosed with FIBRO/CFS/PAIN
survivor is on a distinguished road
Default officially diagnosed, new member

Ive been lurking for a couple weeks and gained so much info. I have been Officially diagnosed with fibromyalgia, in addition to RA, Diabetes, Neuropathy, non alcoholic liver disease, IBS and depression. Im a hot mess. I am on so much medication, just started lyrica today with an injection and cant stop sweating. I see from reading other posts where I may have been suffering with the early stages of fibro for years. Pain, restless leg sydrome, hair loss. I wish the medical field could find some early detection how tos, maybe that would help it not get so much worse for all of us. Some days It feels like my body is dying, does anyone else get that feeling?
Old 09-24-2013, 09:29 PM #2 (permalink)
Very Helpful Member
Registered Member

1sweed has a spectacular aura about1sweed has a spectacular aura about
Very Helpful Member
Registered Member
City: *****
State: Pennsylvania
Diagnosed: 01/1995
Interest: I have Fibromyalgia, chronic pain, or chronic fatigue.
1sweed has a spectacular aura about1sweed has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: officially diagnosed, new member

Hello survivor,
I see your from Florida, I lived there for about 24 years. Finally moved to Pa, to escape the heat and humid weather. Anyways, yes I have been in your condition and have many times felt like I was dying. When the horrible weakness sets in and your mind does not work clearly, and then the pain becomes unbearable, you think the end must be near, but then it suddenly stops and your much better for a while and wondering how this could be.

I have never used the drug Lyrica, so I can't help you in that regard, but hopeful others coping skills mentioned in other posts will be of some help to you. I am very glad for your sake that you found our forum and that you are joining in on the conversations. Hope you have a better day tomarrow!
Old 09-29-2013, 07:07 PM #3 (permalink)
Very Helpful Member
Registered Member

Trellum is on a distinguished road
Very Helpful Member
Registered Member
City: NL
State: NL
Diagnosed: 04/2011
Interest: I have Fibromyalgia, chronic pain, or chronic fatigue.
Trellum is on a distinguished road
Default Re: officially diagnosed, new member

Wow, survivor... I had no idea fibro caused hair loss? I was diagnosed with fibro recently (but I was suspicious i had been suffering from it for a very long time). You must know most medications come with a lot nasty side effects That's the sad truth! I'm sorry to hear you were diagnosed with so many health issues, but I just wanted to take the time to write this and let you know that you're not alone! I'm also dealing with many other things apart from fibro, I'd actually give just about anything so fibro was my only concern, sadly it's not. Having fibro is hard enough, but having to deal with even more health issues is just devastating... it's something the rest can't really get, unless it's happening to them. I wish you the best of luck, and before you start a medication... please don't make the same mistake I did; investigate more about it and don't believe everything your doctor tells you.
Closed Thread

Tags
depression, diabetes, dying, early, fibromyalgia, hair, hair loss, ibs, info, leg, lyrica, medication, neuropathy, new member, pain, stages