Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2014
Country
AU
State
Tasmania
I could have sworn I posted on here but I can't find my previous thread.
Anyway I've recently been diagnosed with FMS and I've now added Meneire's disease to my issues. My liver is enlarged, along with a bile duct and I also have an enlarged Thyroid gland.

Not feeling too bad about it all though. Kind of relieved.
My reaction. 'No wonder I feel so crap!'

Meds prescribed

ENDEP
SERC
VIT B Complex

(I know vitamin's don't really count but I thought if someone else on here is on similar and was going to recommend some, they may as well know upfront what I'm taking.)

Can anyone offer any thoughts about ENDEP? Is it useful? Anything that could be more useful? And finally, does anyone else suffer from FMS AND Meniere's?

I could really use a fellow sufferer to chat with.

Cheers

Jeralyn

I'm sorry to hear about your diagnoses! I'm not familiar with them or the drugs you're on, so I can't comment that way.

What I do know, because I'm a bit similar, is that enlarged organs are signs of extreme inflammation. It means your liver isn't processing foods. I highly recommend an anti-inflammatory diet to solve the issue, otherwise you'll just keep eating the things that are causing the inflammation. Dairy and starch are the two most common food that cause inflammation. Try eliminating all dairy, grains, and starchy vegetables like potatoes. I also highly recommend eliminating all sugar, as the body treats most sugar as a toxin (the liver's job is clear out toxins.) I personally can't have any fruit because of the sugar, but you might do well if you just eliminate all sugar that isn't fruit. That includes eliminating honey - for one thing, most honey on the shelf is actually high fructose corn syrup from China (google it.) But, even raw organic honey will push the liver hard because it is sugar, even though it's a complex one.

As for the B complex, I take 4 a day (2 with breakfast, 2 with lunch.) I struggle less with adrenaline and fatigue when I take it each day. I also sleep better at night.

I take Vitamin B everyday and I swear it makes a difference! I have absolutely no energy without it. I have never used the other scrips before though. I breastfeed so I'm pretty limited to what I can take.

Is taking Vitamin B the only way to go or can you just eat a lot of foods that contain vitamin B. And if so what should I be looking at? I rather stay always from supplements if I can get it through food, though I know that they are in generally very safe.

A lot of people often need extra Vitamin B, and other vitamins if there bodies are not digesting food do to health conditions like an enlarged liver and bio duct problems. I think it would be wise to follow your doctors advice and take the medications he has given you. Fibro deals with muscles and sometimes nerves that help the muscles function. But what you are describing is much more than that and we can not advice any better treatment than what your doctor is doing for you.

However, in regards to your fibro, you will find many ideas and hints and coping skills that you can try to relieve the pain and help you feel better. Be sure to read through the sections and different topic's and look at old and new posts for answers. Ask more questions about your fibro symptoms and we will do our best to help you. :)

Thank you all.
I will be following my doctors orders and monitoring my diet as recommended. I already basically live on steamed veg. It's my major food source. I eat other stuff just for nutritional value. I've just began using coffee whitener and I'm limiting my intake of caffeine to 2 cups of tea or coffee and only before noon.
I will struggle eliminating dairy completely because I do love a nice piece of blue cheese occasionally, however I have heard that the longer I'm dairy free the less that an occasional piece will affect me. Have been potato and tomato free for quite sometime.
Thankyou to everyone who commented.
I look forward to getting to know more about everyone when I'm well enough to be online more.
Unfortunately one symptom of menieres is shocking vertigo whenever I read for more than a few minutes.
It should go away for long periods, according to what I've read. It has flares just like fibromyalgia so yay on that. Lol
My most recent flares came both together after a failed tooth extraction which is how I was finally able to get a diagnosis. The pain was so severe at several trigger points that I literally jumped away from the physicians touch.
I'm sure many of you know all about that.

Cheers, Emma.

I take Vitamin B everyday and I swear it makes a difference! I have absolutely no energy without it. I have never used the other scrips before though. I breastfeed so I'm pretty limited to what I can take.

Same here! Are you taking a B complex as well? I am! I take it, because before taking it I had a lot issues trying to fall asleep every single night. The B complex works like a charm and wouldn't change it for anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back