DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2014
Country
US
State
GA
Hello All!

I was diagnosed about a month ago. I also have chronic Lyme Disease. Rheumy has started me on Neurontin. I am up to 400 mg a day at night time. I think it is starting to help. I am still achy but better. I am struggling now with horrible headaches...migraines maybe?!?! Of course Tylenol doesn't help much. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jen

My humble suggestion to you is that you should try to take heart and then make sure you focus on your medication don't just take it for granted and make sure you go for your regular check up with your phycisian as at when due

I used to take Tylenol for my headaches, but over the years I developed cluster headaches, which are nasty and can last a very, very long time. The doctor I see at the walk-in clinic knows I don't like to take medicine if I can avoid it, so he recommended Advil Liqui-gels for my headache pains. They work so much better than the Tylenol ever did. You might want to check it out, but ask the pharmacist to make sure it won't conflict with your medications.

Are those migraines a direct result of the medication? Aren't there alternative medications with no side effects?

I never used to get headaches ever but I do with the Fibro and they can last days. I rarely take pain meds for them. My doc told me to stretch a few minutes a day..... I stretch two times a day and I've added Isometric stretches which are strength building. I'm going to see a physio to get further ideas.
The stretches help and HEAT!
Good luck.

Hi Gabelle. You could try Excedrin migraine or any OTC med with tylenol, aspirin and caffeine. Some folks who get migraines swear it works and it won't hurt if you've got a tension or muscle headache. (It doesn't always work for me, so I do have migraine meds as a back-up.) Coffee can help on its own. Cold packs on the back of your neck and forehead. Relax and quiet. Be careful of taking too much Tylenol or other anti inflammatories, you can get rebound headaches. Gentle neck, shoulder and upper back stretching can help with tension headaches. So does a gentle massage or a hot shower on those muscles.

Check with your doc about the gabapentin. A side effect is headaches, although it is sometimes used for migraine prevention. Meds are funny that way!

Hope you feel better soon. Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back