Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2015
Country
US
State
IN
After years of having hip, low back, shoulder and neck pain that has waxed and waned, I was diagnosed with fibro last week by a rheumatologist. My pain has gotten worse these last few months. My stress also has increased, so I'm not all that surprised, I suppose.

I am just feeling tired of having constant health issues. I also have IC and have had symptoms since I was 3. I was diagnosed at 13 and am now 36. I know these two often overlap. Anybody else? I had a rough last trimester of pregnancy with my son who was born in Jan. 2013. I had uterine prolapse that caused horrible bladder pain. Along with regular colds and flus that come with small children (I also have a daughter who is now 5-1/2), in 2013, I had shingles, a hysterectomy with other repairs in Sept. 2013 and found thyroid nodules that had to be biopsied that December (thankfully all benign). Last year, I contended with my bladder and had a couple of procedures with it. Just as my bladder has finally started to settle back to my version of normal, my hips and back and pretty much every body part north of my waistline have been so achy and gotten worse. I am just plain weary.

Thanks to IC, I'm used to doing my own research and being my own advocate. I am a journalist by trade (not working as much right now with having two little ones), so research is what helps me most. I'm looking forward to delving more into this site when I get a chance and finding some self-help solutions and other suggestions.

My doctor gave me a sample of Lyrica, which I took for almost a week at 75 mg once a day, but it didn't help and made me so tired and dizzy. I'm now back on just Aleve twice a day, which seems to help me the most. I have a call into the doctor to see if I should do anything else before I go in for my follow-up with him on June 26.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back