Old 07-06-2016, 06:56 PM #16 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member

IsThisForReal is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member
City: Toronto
State: Ontario
Diagnosed: 07/2016
Interest: I have Fibromyalgia, chronic pain, or chronic fatigue.
IsThisForReal is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fibromyalgia facial flushing

Have you worked out what this is? I have this issue, although at first my doctor thought I had vitiligo and sent me to see a dermatologist who said that it actually looked like hyperpigmentation which she prescribed skin bleach for. This was all nonsense, I am sure. It's been years and is more like a flare up of something and often looks WAY worse when I am tired and/or hot.

I get overheated easily (like a constant furnace running) and have the worst time cooling. I also perspire a lot as a result.

My teen mentioned a rash she was getting recently and I started to look into it a bit online and several things led me to think that I may have a fungus because of the constant state of overheating.

I have started treating it and won't know anything for sure until the end of the month as I am seeing a new dermatologist, so will report back.

* side note: lupus, thyroid, roseaca etc all ruled out.
* endocrinologist didn't flinch at the mention of the extreme skin changes and ruled my problems weren't endocrine related.
Old 07-15-2016, 06:55 AM #17 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member

fibrobutterfly is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member
City: X
State: X
Diagnosed: 04/2016
fibrobutterfly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsThisForReal View Post
Have you worked out what this is? I have this issue, although at first my doctor thought I had vitiligo and sent me to see a dermatologist who said that it actually looked like hyperpigmentation which she prescribed skin bleach for. This was all nonsense, I am sure. It's been years and is more like a flare up of something and often looks WAY worse when I am tired and/or hot.

I get overheated easily (like a constant furnace running) and have the worst time cooling. I also perspire a lot as a result.

My teen mentioned a rash she was getting recently and I started to look into it a bit online and several things led me to think that I may have a fungus because of the constant state of overheating.

I have started treating it and won't know anything for sure until the end of the month as I am seeing a new dermatologist, so will report back.

* side note: lupus, thyroid, roseaca etc all ruled out.
* endocrinologist didn't flinch at the mention of the extreme skin changes and ruled my problems weren't endocrine related.

Hello IsThisForReal, I hope you're finding some relief. I still have no answers to what's happening. My face and random parts of my body flushes after I eat food, I noticed. I came across Mast Cell Activation Disorder on the Internet and it's very interesting. Seems to fit my symptoms actually. I'm going to mention it to my doctor soon and I'll let you know. Take care
Old 07-15-2016, 09:42 PM #18 (permalink)
Very Helpful Member
Registered Member

diamond is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond is a glorious beacon of light
Very Helpful Member
Registered Member
City: somewhere
State: anywhere
Diagnosed: 01/2008
diamond is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond is a glorious beacon of light

I think it might be all more sensitization from the volume turned upon our cns. i had a skin problem with facial flushing at 16 and again after relationship break up...more stress on your cns.

Still happens when my pain is worse sometimes especially when there's lots of activity around me or after eating hot food or im worried about something.
Closed Thread

Tags
fibromyalgia, problem, symptom