Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
02/2017
Country
uk
State
norfolk
hi i'm carol.i have been diagnosed with primary fibro'secondary sjorgens and ischail bursitis all within months of each other and I've had granuloma cellular {excuse spelling in all posts please}for years.i have been on a lot of forums as I have been tested for lots of autoimmune conditions/diseases for last 7 years.i also have oesto arthritis top of spine.after a lot of bloods came back norm and having seen rheu doc and lots of others my doc was at a loss as what to do.i had too many symptoms so it made it hard to diagnose me.after suffering with ulcers and mouth infections I seen a doc who told me there and then I had sjorgens but he had to do lip biop.waiting on results I seen another doc who did bloods and eye test.bloods neg but eye test pos and lip bio on 2nd time round pos.twice I have ended in hsop with serious bowel probs,i have bladder probs and still under tests,i have visions probs with no explanation also constantly feel I have what I call punched mouth syn and kicked in the crotch syn{isch bursitis app}.I feel that docs are diagnosing me with fibro because they havn't got a clue.i received exercises through post yesterday to help bursitis which I started same day but struggling but doing them as I wont let anything beat me. could rant on but not going to.forgot to I am 53 yrs old have worked all my life almost but had to give up 18mths ago.also had full hyster 24 yrs ago for endo.thanks to anyone who reads this and do you think im in the right forum as not sure myself ty

Hi Carol and welcome to the forum!

Thank you for introducing yourself and giving us some background. It sounds like you have multiple challenges like many of us here and I do think you would benefit from this forum.

No doubt you have read lots of threads here....keep reading and you will get a sense of the caring nature of the 'long-diagnosed' on the forum. They have been a life saver for me. The 'newly-diagnosed' (like me) have often suffered for many years before a diagnosis of fibromyalgia is given.

Going through all of those tests is a trial in itself and can be very exhausting and frustrating. Doubts are normal and reasonable considering all of your other diagnoses....but often fibro happens to people with multiple diagnoses, especially auto-immune disorders so keep an open mind if you can. Was it ultimately the rheumatologist that made the diagnosis?

Feel free to start a new thread posing any questions you have. The others might have some good advice. Best of luck. I hope you begin to feel better soon.

thank you peaceandquiet .it can be very confusing which site to be on and I have been on a few.

Hello Carol. I am new here too. Glad we have places to discuss what we are feeling since most don't understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back