Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2015
Country
UK
State
Suffolk
Hi, what does the facebook link at the bottom of every post mean?, I literally posted on my own thread & it had 24 likes? Does it mean it's linked to my facebook wall?

Thanks

Grace i have been wondering the same thing. I hope someone has the answer.

I think maybe it is linked somehow which personally i don't agree with but maybe if you set your thread to private not public that would keep it from public viewing.

I am not very savvy about these things and generally a very private person.

Ummmm hope not, Moderators can you elaborate?

I hope not too

No it is not, if it was linked it would show up on your page. The Facebook button would just be added to you or anyone who signs in to FB, with it, to their likes list, but does not post your comments or name or link back to you. If any of you are worried about being identified just go into your User CP at top left on heading and go to account info, remove the name of your city. Grace put UK for city, you can put XXX or private, as moe1959 put down. Then you are just someone who lives in that State or Country. :)

Thanks ever so much 1sweed, I just wanted to know what it was for that's all, you know where you add pages to your likes it doesn't show up on your own newsfeed (goes straight to your likes) but everyone else can see it.

Much appreciated.
Grace x

Did you find out? About your account being on Facebook wall?

So it means that if someone visits your FB page and see this icon for this website and visits here and likes this site, it will show up on your FB page as a like. So if you had 24 likes that means whoever visited your FB page, visited here and liked it. Kind of a tongue twister. lol Nothing to worry about. Same goes from here anyone signed into FB, can click on the Facebook icon and like it to their page. The sign in to FB, and here are not interconnected. I hope this takes away your fear of discovery. :)

Hi Moe,

No it doesn't show posts & content on your FB wall, so your posts won't be on other people's newsfeed.

It will only show as one of your 'likes' if you click on the FB link (hence liking the forum as a whole) that would show up on other people's newsfeed as you liking this Fibromyalgia Support Group and Forum.

Even though I like the forum so far, I don't want it on my FB page, therefore not clicked on it.

Hope that's not confusing x

I definitely have fibrofog as i don't get it at all. I pressed like by mistake on a thread and the thread was the only thing on my facebook wall or whatever people call it

I dont use facebook but have a deactivated account as i had a peak around once to see what it was all about. After i saw all these 24 people like this on all my posts here i signed in to find that particular thread on my wall?

Luckily i found a way to unlike it.

I like the old quill and paper method of communicating...lol you can tell i am over 50.

Can I ask the moderator again because i am being dum why does it sometimes say 24 people like this when i post anything on any thread.

Sometimes it says nothing then later that day it always says 24 people.....my face book is deactivated and i dont have a timeline have never posted on face book on my own thread or anyone elses.

There are no public posts by anyone on my face book at all as i only opened it to have a look around a couple of times

I am worried i could be identified by my family or friends on this forum and feel a bit intimidated as i have written some pretty private stuff.

I didn't realize there would be a link as i am not very techno savvy.

oops and now i have just edited this post and the likes changed to 6...its either 24 or 6 every time?

Last edited:
It could be because some people like the forum content. As you have said there are not comments on your FB page, so the likes have to do with someone liking your comment or just liking the forum. I would not worry about anyone knowing who you are or about your comments. I don't know why the amount of likes changes that could just be a website goof and again nothing to fear. Lots of people just read the forum, and lots of people from all over the world post so your posts could be anyone's post. I hope this helps to calm you and stop your concerns. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back