Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/2010
Country
US
State
CA
I got this idea from another forum and thought it a great idea to start here.

Sometimes our health issues can really get the better of us and bring us down. It is at these low points that thinking about something that makes me smile or feel grateful will help bring me out of my slump. Putting aside anger, despair, and negativity, even for a few minutes, and replacing it with positive thoughts really can help!

Please use this thread and share with us something that made you smile, or feel gratitude.

A few things from the last couple of days:

- My family's new puppy who is normally quite frantic and a bundle of unbridled joy decided to quietly sit next to me and nuzzle my hand. She seemed to know I was having a rough day. She enjoyed tremendously the tummy scratch I offered her! I did, too!

- A beautiful morning rainbow, and the gentle cleansing shower that followed.

- A nice hot cup of coffee and yummy avocado toast for breakfast. The avocado was from the tree my dad planted many years ago.

- Finding a "lucky nickel" on my walk around the block. 5-times more lucky than a penny, right?

- I was feeling well enough (and inspired) to do some indoor photography - the first time in months.

- Channel surfing and coming across the PBS special on "Red Rock Serenade", a wonderfully relaxing way to end the day.

Ok, your turn! :D :D :D :D :D

Robbie Williams just doing a great TV show about his life and 'Take That' members joined him on stage...wow takes me back and great vocals and emotion...made me smile even though I am in bed with my best pals my hot water bottles trying to reduce pain....big smiles :)

This is a wonderful thread! I've begun jotting down a list of things for which I am grateful and keep it close by. Reviewing the list now and then is very helpful to me.

Here are a few recent smile-induced entries:

- When I came home, my dog came running to greet me, jumped up, and gave me a big wet kiss/lick.

- My neighborhood Christmas Parade.

- A cup of hot chocolate with mini-marshmallows, first of the winter.

- A nicely ripened and delicious persimmon.

- The first whiff of this year's Christmas tree.

- Feeling well enough one morning to do a little artwork. Happy with the results.

- Rediscovering a TedTalks podcast by David Steindl-Rast, and his talk: Want to be happy? Be grateful. Google it. It might change your life. :)

Keep this thread going! Don't let it get closed! :) :) :)

I tired a post like this about a year ago.didnt get any replays which is sad ,as there's always something to make u smile once a day.
For me it's my children .i have 3 out of 4 for Christmas.

Forgetmenot, I'm sure your children are very happy to have you as their mom. :)
I have no children, but have a bunch of wonderful nephews and nieces.

This week's smile - Finally found the perfect Christmas gift for my niece. Free shipping and gift wrapping, too. Just anticipating the joy it will bring her this Sunday makes ME smile! :)

Keep posting, people! Peace! :)

I have just watched the old movie Dirty Dancing...one of my all time favourites so definitely a smile moment...along with the bonus of seeing the lovely Patrick Swayze busting his moves...smiles from me and happy memories of my life in the 1980's.

I downloaded a new cd of an artist I came across on the radio one day. I liked one of their songs and downloaded it. I was doing some research on them today and downloaded one of their older cds today and I found a song on it I heard a couple of years ago I really liked that I could never find. That made me really happy listening to it again and knowing that I finally have it.

I think our posts should go in a national newspaper to show all those people moaning about nonsense ....just what we appreciate when living with any chronic pain illness...such small things normal people barely notice.

Received a hand-written letter (remember those?) from my dear 89-year old aunt. In the inspiring letter she wrote of highlights from the past year. Yes, it definitely is the "little things in life that ARE the the big things". Just ask any wise older person who has been around the block. :)

Today seeing all the snow in New York/New Jersey made me smile. Being a Florida girl I've never snow :)

Cuddling with my puppy and cat always makes me smile. I sat and listened to a great service today in church. I get to relax and watch football with my husband. I had a nice bap as well!

I looked through some old photo albums, including photos of my old dog. Similar to harpert, it always makes me smile :)

My moms and my puppy just got spayed on tues,i took her out for her walk last night and she had so much fun!
She loves the snow and it makes me happy when she is happy. Because she is still in recovery she is a little more calm and she is more cuddly.
She made me feel loved when she came and put her head on my lap for a little bit last night. I love little miss Bindi!

My four year old trying to say hippopotamus hehe.

I went to the bookstore today and bought a couple of books, I bought the perks of being a wallflower. I always wanted to read that book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back