JoanieMoore

Diagnosis
1/2000
Country
US
State
SD
Howdy!
My name is Joanie..34, unmarried..living at home with my mother thank goodness she helps me so much on bad days! She seems to understand! I really don't think anyone can unless they have it.

Howdy :) You're blessed to have your mom. People don't understand, but if my Mom is like yours, she doesn't need to understand to be compassionate and sympathetic, and that's more than most people I've encountered. Have you been coping and able to work, or is daily routine impossible?

Hi Janet, No, I have had health problems since I was born, so I did try working but each job lasted about a week, was a waitress, a janitor/teacher (was listed in the paper as a teacher's aid at the local preschool ) and that was the last straw..was just too much I wouldn't have hired on for janitor. I had tried for disability right out of HS as my body was such a wreck, but they turned me down twice so I had thought I was no good for anything but the janitor job made me realize I had to try again..and I got it. Thank GOD..It's not nearly enough to get by..so..I am ok for now. But mom has had brain cancer and had a portion of her emotion part taken out so she's not the same mom, and she equates my fibro with arthritis..but I guess that's all she can understand.She has arthritis and knows that pain. A daily routine is sometimes ok..sometimes I stay in bed. I also have ostioarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis..plus chronic migraine plus celiac's disease.. :S
How do you live your life?

Howdy :) You're blessed to have your mom. People don't understand, but if my Mom is like yours, she doesn't need to understand to be compassionate and sympathetic, and that's more than most people I've encountered. Have you been coping and able to work, or is daily routine impossible?

I won't complain, I have the constant pain but I do manage. I'm not working right now and have a wonderful husband that helps, so I'm very lucky.

I have a good friend with celiac's, she manages very well, but that odd time she eats something outside of what she's suppose to, or if a restaurant or similar misleads her about ingredients, oh wow. She'll be in awful pain that day from stomach cramps and bloating.

To have Fibromyalgia, arthritis and celiac's disease, my heart goes out to you. Please, keep your head up and try not to let your spirit wain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back