Not open for further replies.

shannav

Diagnosis
06/2006
Country
US
State
IL
I'm new to the group. I saw the link on facebook and decided to check it out. I was diagnosed in 2006 with fibro and lupus in 2008. And as you all know, I'm continually getting diagnosed with other auto immune issues such as raynauds etc. I was very active when I was younger and it frustrates me to no end that I can not do that now. I push my body beyond what it can do and then I pay for it making me even more frustrated. Im so afraid people will view me as lazy that I try to do what I shouldn't. I was just wanting to know if anyone else feels this way?

I totally feel that way. I'm actually in counseling, and this is part of the reason why.

Welcome shannav,
I do and did feel this way. I constantly pushed the limit years ago and ended up not able to work at all. I learned the hard way that it is best to pace myself and do a little bit here and there throughout my week, instead of cramming it all in, in one day. I tried really hard to keep up with all my friends and do all the actitives and parties, and keep up with all the news, and it ended up putting me in bed for several months to weak to do anything. Instead of having fun appointments I had emergency room visits.

So you need to learn to take care of your own health and do for your own family first, then only a little bit here and there in the outside world. If you can cut out the stress to some degree you will feel a whole lot better in the long run.
Be sure to read through the topics and answer questions and post topics. We all will do our best to help out where we can. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back