Not open for further replies.

Valery

Diagnosis
04/2005
Country
US
State
Fl
I was diagnoses about ten years ago. Fm affects my life in every aspect of daily living. I hurt of course. Lately I also feel weak. The fatigue affects me the most sometimes. I can deal somewhat with pain, but not fatigue. I just started seeing a chiro. But I am sure the flare I'm Im today is partly due to yesterday's treatment. Even light massage will put me into a flare. I am on disability. Can't sit, nerves are shot, can't stand but for short periods. Not on any pain meds right now. One" specialest" put me on OxyContin with oxycondone for break through pain. Well it seems hard to stop and I didn't use it every day. Had minor withdrawal. Nurologist gave me methadone. Works great for nerve pain. But after finding that it builds up in your system I stopped it too. Tramadol is a joke. I would like to find a doc that can give good pain meds, but not spit an RX out at every visit.
New to palm beach gardens fl. If anyone has a great doc. That is not afraid to prescribe oxy please send his name to me. I can't spend the rest of my life in bed. We just moved to a great new house. I'd like to help more without ending up in a mega flare.
Thank you, Valery

Valery,
I wish I could recommend a doctor for you. I used to live in the Fort Myers area, but that was a longtime ago and I do not know any of the doctors there now. I would suggest that you see a rheumatologist as they are more equipped to handle fibro and other arthritis conditions. I use Neurontin and over the counter Excedrian Migraine for pain. The Neurontin works well with other meds and does not usually cause any bad side effects. I have taken it for about 30 years now. It does cause a bit of weight gain but not overly so like steriods do.

You might want to ask your doctor about it. anyways, welcome to this forum. I hope you can learn some new coping skills and improve your life in some ways that make your life better. :)

Thank you isweed. I have used gabapentin. It did almost nothing. Lyrica also. That made my vision a little blurry. I was given a sample of savella but won't try it. I simply cannot tolerate nausea and that's a main side affect. Opioids help the most. I was afraid of dependency, went through minor withdrawal when I stopped. But I rarely took more than one a day, they keep me awake. So it could have been all in my head. I also was only on it for about four months. So I'm thinking about getting that again. Methadone works well for nerve pain, but it builds up in your system and I don't like that. I did use it for almost a year with good relief. I only have energy when using pain meds. Odd huh. Low dose too, only .5 ml.
Valery

It is good that low doses help you as when using high does the side effects can be much worse. Have you ever ask your doctor about trying low dose 50mg Demerol (Meperidine). It might help enough to get you pain free for a little while. The side effects are lower, but it can be addictive like the Opioids. It is the only pain medication that really works for me when I am in bad pain, cause I am allergic to everything else.

Do you have a good family doctor who is willing to help you with meds?
I hope you find someone to help you. I know that in Florida, they have lots of doctors who just help manage pain and might have some treatment plans that you might be able to handle. Sorry I can't be of more help. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back