Not open for further replies.

zlamour

Diagnosis
02/2013
Country
US
State
MA
Hello my name is Zack, I am fairly new to Fibro (diagnosed last year) and new to forums for support. My rheumatologist thinks i may also have MS due to the severity of some symptoms and some that are more apparent in MS than in Fibro, he thinks i have both and we are waiting to see a neurologist to check on things. It is a really tough journey and I have lost my job. This adds to the stress of things as I am married and we have a young child to support. I am in the process of disability now, the initial decision from the D.D.S is to accept me for disability but due to other issues (my psych records went missing and they need to do an evaluation next month) it is on hold for now. I am learning that it is a ton harder for others to accept fibro as an actual problem in my life, and some just don't understand how bad it can be, my wife is now learning how bad things get when i forget to keep smiling through a real bad pain spike, or when I have extreme pain for a month or so from a flare. I used to work 2 full time jobs and can now barely stay awake or focus enough through the pain to make it through half a day.

Hi Zack.. and welcome to the forum! :smile: I have found that online support in general and forums in particular are often so much more comforting and helpful than "on-site" help. I know that friends and family mean well but if they aren't facing the same issues, it's not really the same as being part of a group where everyone *does* know how you feel.

I'm so sorry that you lost your job... but glad that it looks as if you'll be getting some financial help with the disability.

And that thing about others not accepting how severe fibro is, and damaging to lifestyle... that's a theme you'll see repeated over and over here on the forum... sadly. So anyhow, jump right into the conversations that interest you and enjoy your stay here. I know I am... and I'm learning so much to help my friends with fibro!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back