New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member
City: Colorado Springs
State: Colorado
Diagnosed: 05/2012
Interest: I have been diagnosed with FIBRO/CFS/PAIN
lindzz is on a distinguished road
Default Newb

My name is Lindsey. I'm new to the forum. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 2012 and lately it has been completely overwhelming. I'm currently in between primary care physicians and my pain is beyond out of control. I am only 19 so I face this stigma that comes with my age. Since I am so young, my pain is not taken seriously. Since I am also in between physicians, I am curious to which kind of doctor is going to be most capable and willing to treat my condition. I'm thinking I'm going to have to go back to the rheumatologist Has anyone had luck with theirs?
Old 11-26-2013, 06:08 PM #2 (permalink)
Very Helpful Member
Registered Member

1sweed has a spectacular aura about1sweed has a spectacular aura about
Very Helpful Member
Registered Member
City: *****
State: Pennsylvania
Diagnosed: 01/1995
Interest: I have Fibromyalgia, chronic pain, or chronic fatigue.
1sweed has a spectacular aura about1sweed has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Newb

Your best bet is to go back to a rheumatologist first and then try to find a good family doctor who believes in fibromyalgia. Being in pain is one of the worse places to be stuck. Until you can see another doctor please take time to read the section under pain management. Read the back posts as well and you might find some good ideas to try that will tame down your pain. Check out the alternative methods as well for members have shared many things that have worked for them and also things that have not worked. But everyone is different and what works for you might not work for me, and the other way around.

The biggest thing you can do is try and relax more and take time out for you. Don't choose to multi-task, but do what you can when you can. Stress makes our muscles tighten up and once tight it is hard to let go of the stiffness and so we hurt. I am sure you will find lots of coping skills in all the topics on the forum. Be careful what you might choose and do lots of research before starting any new alternative treatment.

Look forward to seeing your posts around the forum.

Tags
age, back, condition, doctor, fibromyalgia, pain, rheumatologist