Not open for further replies.

Witchelli

Diagnosis
10/2012
Country
US
State
VA
Hi, I'm new here and looking for help in coping with a newly diagnosed Fibromyalgia. I have also been diagnosed with IBS, Ulcers, Diverticulosis, Rheumatoid Arthritis and cardiac arrhythmias. Am I leaving anything out? I don't know, but as you can see I'm a hot mess! This severe cold snap has me in pain all day every day. The whole deal, joints, muscle cramping and weakness, costochondritis (sp?) and on and on. I have no idea what to take for relief! Tylenol doesn't cut it, NSAIDS are a no-no because of all the digestive troubles and I'm not a big fan of narcotics...anyone have any ideas? My kids think I'm nuts and over exaggerating, I've always had a fairly high tolerance for pain, but this is getting on my last workable nerve! I need help from someone who knows from whence I speak! Thanx for listening to my rant.

Witchelli,
Welcome to the forum. I am sure if you read through the different sections and posts on pain management and in the alternative methods part, you will find a lot of new coping skills that will help ease your pain. Sometimes when our days are full and those of you with children, you get very little time to pamper yourself or just plain relax. By relaxing more and not stressing out over the little things that don't get done, your stress levels with drop and your muscles will relax so that your pain will be a lot less.

Please feel free to post in any of the sections and ask questions or answer other members, this will give you a chance to learn more about fibro and make lots of new friends here as well. Look forward to reading your posts. :)

Thanx so much for the welcome! As you can see its 4am here and yet again I'm not sleeping. The cold is really getting to me and being in pain 24/7 is getting old. I look forward to reading the posts from everyone here and maybe getting some insight on how to handle this. Dealing with all the other ailments that seem to come along with Fibro seems to be my biggest problem right now. I had thyroid CA about 7 years ago and that was straight forward. Surgery, RAI and meds. Now with the Fibro, I'm dealing with RA, IBS, ulcers, diverticulosis etc. I also have cardiac arrhythmias. So, I have to watch for medication interactions and meds I just can't tolerate. Also dietary issues. What's good for some conditions are bad for the others. Even though I've been in the medical field all my life, its all so confusing! I'm sure I'm not the only one here dealing with these problems so I look forward to learning more about how to handle things.

welcome , I a also new to this site, and new to a support group as well, sorry to hear of your pain and all your issues, it is so frustrating to have fibromyalgia , than add all the other issues along makes it tough to manage, I know, I have had fibro for years and now I have uncontrollable HB and IBS, thyroid issues and stomach issues, and more to boot, I was just asking myself this am if there was anything I could take for pain, Tylenol does not really work for me , and can't take unsaid, I get plasma infusions once a month for Mystenoious Gravis and I was told my my doctor that it also helps with fibro, now there is some question as to what other neurological disorders,
keep plugging along, we will learn how to deal with this hand we were drawn

Hi, thanx for the welcome! Yes, have the same exact issues, don't know what to take for pain. I'm looking into some alternatives on this site. Good luck to you too! Let me know if you find anything new!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back