DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2013
Country
US
State
CA
Hello everyone,

I am new here, I have never joined a forum before but I really need support from people who know what I'm dealing with so I thought I'd give it a shot. I was recently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and it been pretty difficult to adjust to life, with all of the medication I'm taking and trying to explain to the people around me why I dont want to go out much or why I flake on things. I sometimes feel like people think its a cope out but its easier to deal with the pain when I'm sitting at home then going out. I also have ADHD and have an anxiety disorder so I'm on a lot of medication and dont really know how to deal with everything. My memory and cognition seem to be getting worse, not sure if its fibro fog or the medication or what. But I'm having a tough time and would really like to get some advice and support from people that get me and what I'm feeling. Thank you for listening to me, I usually just hold things in so I dont worry my loved ones but I thought thing would be a good place to vent.

Hi! I'm new on here also. Some of the things you said hit home for me. I haven't told anyone in my family because I don't want them to worry. I also have stage 3 emphysema and haven't told anyone about that either. I feel so overwhelmed with it all. I get the fibro fog way more than I should :) it sucks. Might as well dye my hair blonder! Anyways, I read about some people out doing activities when their fibro isn't as bad. HA! I think to myself. I can't even get out at all. Guess I get the "full monty" when it comes to my pain because I can barely walk. My Dr took more blood today. The only positive I'm showing is C Reactive Protein, which shows inflammation. DUH! I tell you....fibro sucks because nobody can SEE it...you know? I just wish sometimes those "non-believers" could go a week in my body (a day would be too easy).
~Nikki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back