Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2012
Country
UK
State
West Sussex
Hello, I am a new recruit to this forum. I would like to start by asking if anyone else with diagnosed or non-diagnosed Fibromyalgia experiences painful hips when walking for prolonged periods (dependent upon your own norms), standing still for prolonged periods of time or laying in bed?

Hi and welcome to the forum. I have experienced the hip pain you are speaking of, as well as, trouble standing in one spot for long periods of time. If you are looking for ideas to help deal with these problems then I will offer a few ideas now and you can read through the topic sections of posts, old and new, for other ideas on coping.

I see your in the UK, and would guess you have cold weather this time of year. Try wearing tights or bottom long johns, or leggings under your clothes for extra warmth, as well as, a easy way to provide hip muscle and bone support. Knee socks are great for providing good support for legs and circulation. Try not to stand in one spot but move around. If your job demands it ask for a high stool or a rubber standing mat for comfort and a way to rest when tired. As for laying in bed I tell members to look for thick pads to lay ontop of your regular mattress. They come in different ways some are thick cotton fiber or feather stuffed, others are thick foam. This is not a regular mattress cover or pad, but they are thicker and give added support and comfort, and keep you warm and feeling like sleeping on a cloud. They relax your muscles making sleeping easier. Also try laying an extra blanket over your feet and lower legs at night to avoid getting painful cramps. Hope this helps. :)

Lizmuppets, that was a symptom I had very early on that I think back on and imagine it was when fibro really started for me. I think FOR ME it's nerve related and due to back problems... I can only say I sympathize with you on the hip pain!

Yes I do all the time. My hips get so painful when walking. They pretty
Tighten up on me and I have to take breaks a lot. I had to stop working
Because of that and my back and neck pain. I try to walk for exercise now but
My hips slow me down after about 15 minutes. Its awful. I feel so old

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back