Old 01-15-2014, 07:32 PM #1 (permalink)
Registered Member

LivetoErr is on a distinguished road
Registered Member
City: Calgary
State: Alberta
Diagnosed: 06/2012
Interest: I have Fibromyalgia, chronic pain, or chronic fatigue.
LivetoErr is on a distinguished road
Default Hi there

Hi there, I found this forum via PostLoop and even though I don't have a good enough rating to subscribe, I decided to join here anyways.

I started having autoimmune issues when I was 8. At 12 I was diagnosed with Juvenile Rheumatoid Athritis. Later on it progressed into Mixed Connective Tissue Disease. Fibromyalgia came about a couple years ago when my new rheumatologist tested the trigger points and I yelped in defiance.

I don't know how progressed Fibromyalgia is for me because long before being diagnosed my doctor had me on Citalopram (for prednisone related depression) and trazodone (for prednisone related sleep disorders). Both drugs have been prescribed to treat Fibromyalgia, so although I do experience pain I can function (provided I don't work, that is)

Anyways, I'm Karen and I hope I can contribute to this forum as well as find out more information.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:10 PM #2 (permalink)
Very Helpful Member
Registered Member

1sweed has a spectacular aura about1sweed has a spectacular aura about
Very Helpful Member
Registered Member
City: *****
State: Pennsylvania
Diagnosed: 01/1995
Interest: I have Fibromyalgia, chronic pain, or chronic fatigue.
1sweed has a spectacular aura about1sweed has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Hi there

Karen,
Welcome to the forum. I am glad you decided to join the forum. There are a lot of great coping skills talked about all through the different sections and so I am sure you will find lots of ideas on how to lessen your pain and get a good nights rest. Be sure to check out the topic on pain and fatigue, as well as the all about fibro and off-topic section. And if your having a bad day then come to the forum and vent to your hearts content.

I look forward to reading your posts.

Tags
autoimmune, depression, doctor, drugs, fibromyalgia, good, hope, information, pain, rheumatologist, sleep, sleep disorders, work