Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
12/2013
Country
US
State
Minnesota
Hi all,
I was diagnosed in December and I am still trying to adjust.I have a job that was very physical and could no longer preform the duties. I have had a series of appointments and come up with the same answers. I am finally accepting the diagnosis of fibromyalgia but my mom is wanting me to go through more testing and we keep fighting over this. This is adding stress in addition to being a single mom. Any one have this experience? If so any advice?

Dopey,
I think everyone feels the way you do in the begining. We want so badly for the doctor to find what is wrong, but we want it to be something that can be cured or at least made to totally go away with medication. We want our normal life back. We understand why you could not accept the diagnosis of fibro, and we are happy you are finally able to admit that it is fibro and accept it.

Now comes the hard part, whoa? Hard part you might say, well just accepting it was hard. But now you must learn how to live with this illness, by learning new coping skills. Be sure to read through the pain and fatigue sections, as well as, alternative and general knowledge topics. Read the older and then the newer posts. Be open to trying coping skills that don't rely completely on drugs.

The biggest help to fibro is avoiding stress and toning down your anxiety levels. If you can take time to pamper yourself by relaxing and enjoying your life by relaxing I think you will feel better emotionally and physically, sooner drather then much later.

Be sure to ask more questions and post replies to other members. See you around the forum. :)

Hello,
That is sad happens with you. I will pray for your good health...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back