Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2013
Country
US
State
Idaho
I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia around a year ago. This was a decade in the making. I had been going to a chiropractor as a teenager. I find myself in bed all day, in pain and overwhelmingly fatigued, and I have too busy a life for this. I am finding that I need to vent my frustrations with someone who understand fibro. I'm glad to be here.

Lanimo

Lamino,
Hello, and welcome to the forum. It makes me sad to hear that your having to spend so much of your time in bed. I hope that you will take the time to read through the many posts on the forum in hopes that you might learn some new coping skills or ideas to try in order to ease your pain.
When fibro is at its worse the best thing that you can do for yourself is resting and relaxing, and trying not to worry or be filled with stress. Now I know that is not easy to do in this world of bills to pay and errands and jobs, and sometimes the care of children. But the more ways you learn to relax your muscles and calm yourself mentally, the pain will not be quite so bad.

By pacing yourself and doing less in a days time and spreading the chores out it does help in the long run. I used to be a multi-tasker and now I am lucky to get the dishes washed and the grocery shopping done. It is a day-to-day learning experience in doing what you can when you can, and not sweating the small stuff.

Please join in and ask questions or just answer other posts and make new friends around the forum. I am glad you found this forum. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back