DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/1999
Country
US
State
Oregon
Dear Everyone,

Think you to all that have helped set up this forum and who have contributed their stories and comments. I have had Fibromyalgia for over twenty years and have been diagnosed (today) with possibly having POLYMYALGIA RHEUMATICA. Anyone else dealing with this diagnosis?
I would love to compare symptoms and notes.
Thanks so much.

JUNE2014,
While I do not have the condition you mentioned, I wanted to welcome you into the forum. I am sure other members can relate to your newest condition and we all can relate to your fibro. Please continue to post questions or share answers, in the many different sections of the forum.

I look forward to reading your posts and getting to know you better. The forum is broken up into many sections and each in it's own way tells about the many problems of living and dealing with fibro. Be sure to read the new and old posts, which give info on medications and other handy household hints and also there are fun posts at the bottom of the main page.

Glad you found us. :)

Hi June, I was first diagnosed with fibromyalgia almost 3 years ago. I had been seeing a neurologist who was treating me with Lyrica and Cymbalta. At first it seemed to help but recently find I am not getting much relief from it. I decided to see a rheumatologist and had my second appointment with him yesterday. He says it could be possible I have Polymyalgia. He has prescribed a low dose of prednisone and says other patients of his have had alot of success taking prednisone. And possibly could notice much improvement in a little as a weeks time. I have pain all over my body except for my chest and abdomen. I am really hoping the prednisone will help. Hope to hear back from you...take care:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back