DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
FL
Hello,
My name is Kasey, diagnosed with FM last year after my immune system started attacking my body after a virus and I almost died. I have been having a very hard time dealing with it as I was a very active mom with two daughters, I was training for a marathon when this happened and now I have trouble with daily functions. I am grateful for the things that I can do though. Initially I was on a lot of meds, finally got off all meds and trying to do this without them. The meds made me so zombie like and made my fibrofog so much worse. I have been wanting to join a support group but the only one near me meets at 10 am, I am still trying to work so I can't make that one. I am hoping that this forum helps me come to terms with my illness. Thankfully I have a Dr. that is very aware of fibromyalgia and is supportive but he says I am being a difficult patient because I am not following his plan, he always wants to give me meds but is understanding that I don't want to take them, he just doesn't have much other options for me that I haven't already tried. He always tells me to manage my stress, but that is not easy. Thank you for having this forum and allowing me to rant, I hope to meet others with FM so that we can embark on a healing journey together. I am in a flare now which seems to be happening more and more frequently.

Kasey Ben,
Hello and welcome to the forum. Sorry it has taken me this long to say hi, but wanted to let you know we are very happy you found this forum. If you look around the forum you will find different topic headings, as well as, lots of postings asking many questions about fibro and cfs. We members try our best to answer any question concerning the symptoms of fibro, and the medications used to treat fibro. Please feel free to join in on the different subjects and offer your advice or opinions on the topic at hand.

Be sure to take time to read new and old posts, to learn new coping skills and other ideas to make your life easier and ease your pain or stress levels. And since your in a flare you are welcome to moan and groan, and vent how you feel. we have a spot for that. I look forward to reading more of your posts. :)

Hi Kasey, I too am new to the forum. I've blown up the blogs with my story, frustrations, hurts and my questions. I have actually enjoyed giving some thoughts and I hope insight in a couple of areas. Today, although I am tired, I think I may be able to work tomorrow. I was out most of last week with multiple flareups. They are coming more frequently as well. I have always been an active person and know how difficult it is to truly accept that our bodies are different. I think you'll find the forum helpful and supportive. It was amazing to me that there are so many with similar health issues, many of whom have suffered longer and more severe than mine. I am finding that if you're curious about something, look around and you may find an answer somewhere, or ask and one, two or more wonderful people will help you with a response. Take care of you......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back