Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NC
Its great to come across a forum like this, I live with my parents and have a mother that has constantly suffered with chronic pain and fibromyalgia. My own dad has been disabled due to a back injury and my sister moved away so I'm my folks' advocate I guess you could say. Well, I have no medical experience but I try to be as helpful and supportive as possible.

Scotch,
I am very glad you joined in on the forum to help find ways to cope with your parent's disabilities and to learn new skills in managing your own stress levels. As you read around the forum you will find wonderful ideas on how to relax your body and your mind. Being a caregiver can be rewarding but is also very hard work. Patience and kindness, understanding and taking time out for yourself is very important. Everyone has bad days when we want to bang our heads against a wall or scream out loud, "I can't take it anymore."

But then conditions improve and we somehow go on with our chores trying to do the best we can. There are no easy answers and parent's don't come with instruction manuals, so we do the best we can and enjoy the good days and pray on the bad ones. I can tell you love your mother, but I also know how easy it is to get tired and frustrated, when she is in pain and can not do much around the house. All I can say is keep praying for strength and guidance, patience and wisdom. And keep coming back here to learn more from all of us and get answers to your questions.

We will try to be supportive and give you hope and support when life gets you down. I hope your days are brighter and you do not feel so alone now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back