Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
11/2010
Country
CA
State
Manitoba
Hi, new here. I have been reading posts here. Seems to be a constant thread, pain, Doctors and no one understands. Which is all true. I get dismissed by everyone family friends, medical, work. I didn't ask for this, Had a back injury at work that I just couldn't get a handle on , I was sent to see a ortho guy after 2 yrs thought I was been assessed for my back and hip, then came the test, and yeh, fibromyalgia. No...no..
Not true. Now 3 yrs:lol: later, my life is in ruin, financial, work , family, , just pain is the constant companion.
No help from anyone because they think you are faking, and should work more, Iam in my sixties now,Never abused the system, worked hard ,. There it is.. My rant...Hi :?

So, have an appointment with a Doctor who specializes in fibromyalgia. Maybe some hope also had polio as a child, ?
Post polio syndrome. Have to have some hope, or could not go on.

Catlady,
Hello and welcome to the forum. I just noticed your post and wanted to let you know that we are all happy you found this forum and I hope the appointment you have with the fibro doctor goes well and you get your diagnosis. We also know of the uphill battle in dealing with people who do not believe that fibro is real or think your just making it all up. It is amazing how many people feel that way and continue to even with more and more, young and older people being stricken by the disease.

Anyways, feel free to jump in and start posting and be sure to read through the different sections by topic headings and learn new coping skills and find new fibro friends. And come and rant anytime you need too. Let us know how things go at your appointment. :)

Thank you, I have tried a lot treatments, chiropractic, massage therapy, acupuncture, physio, spinal pathway
Clinic. Yoga, so now I just do stretching, will start bike riding soon still snow, aqua excersize. Have to always have
Recovery days though. Will update after appointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back