DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2014
Country
US
State
CA
Hi everyone,

In some ways I think I am one of the fortunate fibromyalgia sufferers in that I knew almost immediately what I had as my mother had it too. In March I had an event that lasted several days when I had slamming fatigue, flu symptoms, nausea. I expected to get better but I didn't. The pain localized mostly in my right leg but the fatigue continued and the fog started. Emailed my nurse practitioner and started working with my chiropractor who put me on supplements assuming I had "only" adrenal fatigue. After some weeks I wasn't feeling better so I pressed my NP to see a rheumatologist and she referred me. He was great, diagnosed me easily. Now I have the label (for what I knew anyway) and a scrip for nortriptyline if I want to take it- right now I am exploring alternative treatments including acupuncture and chiropractic. I use medical cannabis for relaxation, take hot tubs, ice. I have changed my work schedule ( am self employed) and said NO STRESS at home!

So, that's me in a nutshell. I am turning 60 this year.

Thank you for your support!
Bella

Wow. Ive been sick for 10 years and still no diagnosis. I wonder why they are so hesitant to diagnose me? You are so lucky they didn't jack you around for years. Maybe because I was about 49 when my symptoms started and they didn't want to label me. It doesn't really matter, symptoms are symptoms with or without the label. There is so much the doctors don't know. Its sad really that people have to suffer with this debilitating disease. I feel like it is something very simple that is being overlooked and I pray 50 years from now, should God tarry, they will have a cure. I see my daughter showing symptoms already and she is only 25. It breaks my heart. I wonder if women had this 100-150 years ago? It seems to be a predominantly women's disease. I would be willing to work 24/7 if I could get cured from it and feel normal again. Let us know what helps! Thanks for your story.

I hope you are seeing a rheumatologist in the search for your diagnosis. Sometimes it takes a long while to find out what is wrong and other times it takes only a few blood tests and pokes in the tender spots with the help of a good doctor to get a diagnosis. I hope you get the answers you need for that, as well as, the support you need from here and by reading through the forum. Please ask questions and provide answers if you know ways in providing support and caring, and friendship.

It is so nice to have you here and I look forward to reading your posts. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back