I have been diagnosed for years now but I am glad to be here now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexisfinch24

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
11/2009
Country
US
State
GA
Greetings everyone. This is my first post on this forum. I was diagnosed in November of 2009 and, have been trying to cope with it ever since. Some days are better than others which I am sure we all know that. I am blessed with a great doctor who truly cares about keeping this condition under control with medication, physical therapy, and counseling. I decided a little while after being diagnosed that I was not going to give up because of this disease. I have a full time job as a customer service representative at home for AT&T. So, that allows me to take better care of myself while still being able to support myself. I am looking forward to the fellowship and support of this group. Have a great day. Hello again. :)

Hello and welcome to the forum Alexisfinch24,
I am always glad to have members on the forum who are fighting the effects of fibro and trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle through medication and physical therapy, and above all else counseling. Many on site are afraid of being considered weak or crazy, and don't see the wonderful benefits of getting counseling to help deal with the losses and depression brought on by fibro and it's life changing ways.

Please tell others about this, as well as, how working at home has helped you. I think it would give others hope in terms of alternate job ideas when they can no longer work outside their homes.

Feel free to post in the different sections and be sure to read older and new posts from other members. Lots of great hints and coping skills are there for free. Maybe you will find a few you never thought of. Also ask more questions if you like and we will do our best to help. This is a strong supportive forum and we are glad you found us. :)

Thank you so much for all the words of encouragement. I will be more than happy to share about every aspect of my life with this disease. Working is one of my best coping mechnisms so I will be very happy to share about that, as well. I am excited to get involved here and have more support since I dont have much patient support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back