Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/1995
Country
US
State
UT
After nearly 20 years of having fibro, I figured I needed some fellow support. Since no one in my family knows what it's like, it's hard for them to understand, as you all well know. A little background. I have been married nearly 22 years and have three children - 20, 19, and 16. I'm also a writer, a profession fibro hates since it's a lot of typing. :(

I believe my fibro was due to a number of traumas, particularly with my children's births. I am seeing a counselor to help me deal with those traumas that have led me to being diagnosed with PTSD. Just like many if not all of you, I have tried many forms of treatment, including chiro, massage, PT, craniosacral, herbs, vitamins, drugs, exercise, shots, etc....even mind/body work. Some days I cope well and others, I break down, which happened this past weekend. It seems stressful events trigger my pain. Goody, huh?

I'm going to a rheumatologist after so many years of just dealing with this on my own. When life doesn't hold much happiness, it's time to change something. On top of fibro, I have myofascial pain syndrome and slipping rib syndrome along with being hyper-mobile, where ribs, hips, pelvis, pops out and starts spasm. It's so painful.

Anyway, glad to be here and wish everyone joy and happiness, no matter where you are on this journey. :)

Momwrites,
Hello and welcome. I am sorry to take so long in answering your post, but was hit by a flare because I took on to much stuff all at one time and lost all my energy and had brain fog to boot. I hope you just jumped right in and started sharing your thoughts and ideas, and health problems so other members could help with encouragement and support.

Please check out the old and new posts in the different sections to learn many new coping skills and ways to relax and slow down the stress in your life. We all try to be very helpful and supportive, and will answer any question put to us if we know an answer.

Hope to see more of you throughout the forum. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back