DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2014
Country
UK
State
Wiltshire
Hi everyone,

So, yesterday I finally got diagnosed with FMS. I've been living with it for quite a few years but thought the symptoms I had were down to 'getting a bit older' I'm only 45.

Thanks to a proactive GP who was very thorough and determined to find an answer for me, and I must add, never made me feel like a hypochondriac with my list of symptoms that often resembled a shopping list, I have now had the diagnosis confirmed.

I still work full-time as a professional fundraiser, a job that I really enjoy. The only thing I struggle with is the 40min commute via train twice a day. I have to use a walking stick now so the journey from the station to my place of work now takes me another 40mins, whereas I used to be able to do it in 15mins. Ah well, I shouldn't grumble as I realize there are many people with FMS who are no longer able to work.

To help manage my symptoms, I take magnesium and Vitamin B Complex along with cranberry extract to help with the irritable bladder. The pain medication I'm on consists of 4000mg Paracetamol, 800mg Tramadol, 30mg Amitriptyline and 45mg Mirtazapine. I also use Epsom Salts when bathing.

I would be interested to hear what other people do or take to help manage their symptons.

Hi there. Well it sounds like your doing quite well in management of your fibro. I like that you use vitamins to help support your body and also use medications and bathe with Epsom Salts. Good going!

I do these things as well, use vitamins and neurontin for pain, Epsom salts and massage vibration mat, as well as, sleeping on a thick cotton fiber bed pad. But lately my stress levels have been high and I am on the verge of a bout of costochondritis. Comes from lifting to much and pushing myself to hard.

Anyways, I look forward to seeing you around the forum and getting to know you better through your postings. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back