Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
US
State
wa
Hi! My name is Linda and I was given a fibro diagnosis at the beginning of May. I believe this is something I've been dealing with for awhile though (as I'm sure it is for most people that finally get the diagnosis). For me, getting the diagnosis was a big relief. I certainly wasn't looking to "be sick" (and don't really consider myself sick) but realizing that i'm not just old or lazy or whatever was great news. I've had tender points for years, I was diagnosed with PTSD in 2006, major depression in 2009 and I've had two nerve-related surgeries since 2010 (cervical stenosis and carpal tunnel). Over the years I've had increasing stiffness primarily in my lower back and hip areas. Recently, my vision has just tanked--especially my night vision! Fatigue and lack of energy have been my biggest frustrations, but over the last few months I've been learning how to just listen to my body and instead of pushing myself as I had been able to in the past, I've given myself permission to go to bed early and on days where my energy just seems to be at a zero, I let myself just chill on my couch. Now that you know about my medical issues, let me tell you who I am...

I am a 46 year old single mom with 6 kids, 1 granddaughter and a grandson due to join our family in just a few weeks. My oldest child is almost 24 and my youngest is 9. I work for my county government and love my job and my life. I have 4 dogs, 4 cats and 2 birds. There is never a dull moment, but my kids have been very good to me and as my health has started changing over the last few years they have accommodated me in the sweetest ways. While experiencing a chronic condition is not my idea of fun, I love how it has affected my family in all the right ways. I'm very lucky to have a boss that understands the dynamics of fibro and on days that I have flare ups that make it too difficult to work, she is more than understanding. She is insistent that I go home and rest! I've found a few medicinal things that help me day to day--Zoloft, Melatonin and Naproxen. I've started walking nearly every day, although only a few blocks at a time. The next thing I am going to change is how I eat. It's time to stop with the processed stuff and eat real food with the intent to fuel my body in a healthy way.

This may be more information than anyone really wanted to know--if so, I'm sorry! I tend to be an open book. I'm not afraid to ask or answer questions. I find fibromyalgia rather fascinating and am trying to learn all that I can.

Linda,
Hi and welcome. I hope you have just jumped right in and started posting. I think I may have welcomed you in at another post, but it never hurts to say it again. So read as many posts in all the sections as possible, and post questions and replies. We are supportive and listen lots, and try our best to give good solid answers in regards to all questions about fibro. Read old and new posts, and don't forget the blog sections. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back