Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2007
Country
US
State
TX
Hello! Searching for the latest information on research and treatment options. I was diagnosed in 2007, and want to purchase my first book. Any suggestions? Thinking of "The Idiots Guide to Fibromyalgia" or Fibromyalgia and Chronic Myofascial Pain: A Handbook for Trauma Survivors. Input is appreciated! Thanks:D

Hello! Searching for the latest information on research and treatment options. I was diagnosed in 2007, and want to purchase my first book. Any suggestions? Thinking of "The Idiots Guide to Fibromyalgia" or Fibromyalgia and Chronic Myofascial Pain: A Handbook for Trauma Survivors. Input is appreciated! Thanks:D

Hi... and welcome to the forum! I hope you'll find a lot of information here about things to try for the pain, and also a lot of support.

I don't really know of any books to recommend because from what I've seen, each one usually has their own agenda and what one says, the next one disputes. I do know that some of the "Idiot books" are good... again, depending on who the author(s) happens to be.

Do be careful about the books that claim to "cure" fibro, though... or treat it as something less than it is. I've heard of a number of those that are being promoted now. If there'd be a miraculous cure after all these years, I'm pretty sure we'd all know about it. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back