DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/1995
Country
US
State
CA
Hello from California :)

I've had chronic fatigue for close to 30 years, then was diagnosed with fibro more recently. They are similar and just seemed to morph.

I believe it kicked off when I had a horrific food poisoning episode that wrecked my gut for a good year, then while that was going on, because of my job (medical assistant) I had to do a series of Hep B vaccines (I was drawing blood, etc.), I vaguely remember after every injection (there were 3 in total), I would just want to lay down and never get up. Hit me like a ton of bricks and has taken me years to "manage" (it manages me a lot!).

I wish there was a magic pill, there isn't but I've learned, and I'm sure all of you know, that restful sleep and eating well helps. I was in my early 20s then and boy does this illness put a damper on your party lifestyle!

Looking forward to support and sharing of information!

Hello and welcome to the forum. Sorry it has taken me so long to say hi, but I just saw your post. Please join in on the fun of asking fibro questions and offering replies to other members. There are many different sections to read through, as well as, a vent area and off-topic subjects. Be sure to read back posts as they are loaded with information. We try to be very supportive and help you deal with symptoms, as well as, offer cyber hugs and smiles to help you cope.

Look forward to seeing more of your posts. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back