Not open for further replies.

caddster

Diagnosis
09/1995
Country
US
State
NM
Hello - I am new here. I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia for 19 years; my doctors say I have probably suffered from it since my 20s - so nearly 40 years.

I only have VA for health care, so it has been a struggle to find medications, alternative treatments, and supplements that work.

I have tried coconut oil (ingested), massage, chiropractor treatment, garcinia, been on desipramine, amatriptylene, gabapentin, effexor, tramadol, without much success.

I finally jumped through enough hoops for the VA to be able to authorize pregabalin (lyrica) for me - which is really amazing; but the thing that helped my pain the most was injections of lidocaine directly into my trigger points. This was done about 10 weeks ago, and I am pain free for the first time in years!

I sit at a computer all day - I am a CAD drafter - so you can imagine the pain I had in my back between my shoulder blades. It can be pretty painful to get the injections, I won't lie, but you feel the relief as soon as the injection is in! The amount of time you have relief from the pain varies with each person, but you can have the injections as often as once a month, and judging by my results, that is sufficient.

Currently my medications are pregabalin, flexeril (muscle relaxant) and sertraline (zoloft) for the fibromyalgia, omeprazole for GERD, and levothyroxine for sluggish thyroid. On a good week I can work 40+ hours. On a bad week about 30. My main complaint now is fatigue. I am 60 years old, so am just counting the days until I can retire - but at least I now have hope that I can make it to full retirement - truly a blessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back