DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2005
Country
US
State
NE
Hi, Everyone--I'm a newbie here.

Due to divorce, I've had to go from care of long-time family physician/rheum. to VA dr's.(I have severe rheum. arthritis, degenerative disc disease, osteoarth. & osteoporosis. I was allowed, under civilian docs to take 2 vicodin/day for pain (numerous other meds)--whcich never truyt made the pain go away, but definately took edge off and tho I still had bad days, the pain was manageable for most part.

Well, new to VA care(since Jan. this year) so prim care doc/rheum. have only seen me 2 times each. They've got me on shots for the r.a. but absolutely NOTHING for pain.... and I cannot remember WHEN I last had a day where I didn't burn/throb/ache all flippin day long.

Here's my question....am I the only one who feels at a loss for words when asked by a doc to describe the pain....(desperately wishing THEY could FEEL like this for one day so they'd KNOW)....I just get sympathetic looks when i try and explain that it feels like my body is "beating me up from the inside out constantly" and "the constant exhaustion" is almost beyond bearable. Since they don't know me (AND that I'd prefer to be able to take NO meds)--I'm sure they think I'm just seeking drugs.....when all I WANt is to be able to FUNCTION.

Anyone else having trouble with this aspect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back