DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
IL
Hello everyone,

I've been reading some posts the other day and wanted to pop my head in and say hi!

My name is Mel and I live in the northwest suburbs of IL. I am happily married now for over 13 years and have 2 beautiful children... one is biologically mine, and the other one is adopted.

My FM started a long time ago I believe. But back when I hurt my back 6+ years ago, it came out in full force. Now I struggle with back (and sometimes neck) pain in addition.

It's hard being a young-ish mom and working. I currently work part time and able to work from home. I work for a fleet management company (they control the repair and maintenance of company cars). So for 5 hours a day I answer about 50-70 calls and write approvals for repairs/maintenance. It's exhausting mentally and physically.
I gave them my notice about a month back - but rescinded it when I told them I have fibro and asked to work out a different work schedule. Being part time, I'm not allowed to take breaks. So after speaking with management, they agreed to let me take hourly breaks.
It helped at first, but the calls are getting to me. People who work at quick lube shops are not the most pleasant to deal with. They rush me along and are grumpy.
This overall affects my mood obviously. And I'm about done.

I was lucky to find this job to begin with, but fear that I may have to put work aside and live off my hubby's paycheck to try and make ends meet. He is a elementary math teacher and tutors on the side for extra money.

Anyway, I've been looking to find something else to do to help bring in some extra cash. I know the road is hard to find that perfect something. I have been struggling to find something that I feel fulfilled about for-EVER.
My ideal job - I think - would be to help people or work with people, that isn't too taxing.

Anyone have any ideas!

Thanks for reading my rant,
Mel

Welcome to the forum mel, I hope you enjoy our community, I think you will find here a lot of similar situations to yours.

Hi there Peninha. Welcome to the forum. I hope you find what you are looking for. Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back