Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
IN
I just thought I'd introduce myself here. I received a diagnosis of fibromyalgia recently, although I'm a little annoyed with the doctor who gave it. (He ordered no blood work to rule out other possibilities.)

In any case, I'm still fairly new to chronic pain. The problems started in my right thigh several months ago. The first doctor thought it was meralgia paresthetica, a second one thought it was a meniscal tear and ordered to have my knee x-rayed. I thought the first doctor was correct until the pain spread to other areas of the body. This all took place at free clinics because I did not have insurance. As soon as I got new insurance coverage, I went to see my primary care physician. He said it was fibromyalgia. At least he ordered another x-ray.

Hello there sinisterporpoise. Welcome to the forum. I hope you are enjoying your stay here. Have a nice day.

I can relate to your doctor issue, the doctor that diagnosed me with Fibro did not do any testing of any kind. She pressed a couple of tender points on my back and that was it. I worry that I may have something worse and sometimes wonder if I might have something that I could actually get help for. I hope you get the care you need. Good luck with it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back