Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2013
Country
US
State
Kansas
Greetings everyone from Kansas :) I was diagnosed with Fibro almost 2 yrs ago by a Rheumatologist and it was confirmed 3 months ago by a dr who specializes in Fibro. I had a few symptoms as a teen and over the yrs, there were more symptoms. But these last 3 years have been the worst. I have pain pills that are great but the chronic fatigue is the killer. It is so depressing.
If I have a good day, I can always count on having a bad day the next day. Here lately, my bad day has become days. It takes me 2-3 days to recover from over-doing, like housework, preparing for a holiday, volunteering to ring bells for 3 hrs for Salvation Army :(
While recovering, I sleep often. If I sleep too much during the day, I might be up from 12am to 6am. It seems to happen alot and there isn't much to do during that time so I watch Netflix, play Family Farm on Facebook and it gets very boring after awhile.
My husband and I also have a 10 yr old son. He is a sweet little boy and is helpful to me but he does get tired of staying home when I am recovering (storing up energy).
I have searched high and low for a pill to give me energy, an exercise, a new diet, etc. I can drink one of those 5-hour energy drinks and fall asleep 30 minutes later. I can fall asleep sitting up with my laptop and not realize it. It wasn't my intentions to fall asleep sitting up.
I can understand how a person can get depressed with Fibro/Chronic Fatigue. The world passes you by while you sit/sleep trying to recover from a 3 hr activity. I stopped driving the car to visit family 2 1/2 hrs away. If I want to visit them, my husband has to go along to drive. He gets along with them but there were times when I would visit them for 3-4 days at a time and he would stay home and take care of the cats while I visited them. Not no more.
A dear friend of mine offered her 2 oldest daughters to come over and decorate the house for me for Christmas. It is friends like that that keeps me going. I so much miss the days when I had energy everyday and could do things on my own. I even had to hire a lady to come over and help keep the kitchen and floors clean. I just can't do it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back