Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
OH
Hello. I'm 30 and a mom of two great teenage boys. For many years I was always in pain and never knew why. Last year I was finally told I have fibromyalgia. I have also gone through many surgeries and suffer from chronic migraines. I was recently switched from nurotin to lyrica.which was not a good idea bc now my pain seems to be getting worse instead of better. I feel horrible now I'm in bed all the time. And have no energy to spend time with my family. I hope by joining and talking to others going through this will help me.

Hello and welcome to the forum. It would seem you are experiencing fibro at it's very worest. I have never tried Lyrica as I am allergic to it. I have been on Neurontin for many years and have found that combining it and 2 Excedrin Migraine, in the morning I can be almost pain free for several hours. You might want to ask your doctor to switch you back.

I suggest you read through the section on alternative methods. Some are thinking just of MJ, but there are other things listed that you might try first. I just starting taking Co-Q-10, after reading it can help with energy levels. A low dose 50mg-100mg is good starting out. No need to over do. For some people they have found taking Ginger capsules helps with pain. Other herbal suggestions are there as well.

Then we also talk about relaxation ways to reducing pain. Simple ideas like warming a blanket in the dryer to put over you as you rest on the sofa. Watching funny movies that make you laugh and enjoy this one with family members. Using Epson Salts in warm water bath to help reduce pain and relax your stiff muscles. For your bed buy a memory foam pad or a cotton fiber or goose-feather filled pad for your bed. They come in all sizes and should be 3-4 inches thick. You lay this on top of your regular mattress under the sheets. These are not the regular mattress pad, but a thicker pad to make your body think it is on a cloud or soft pillow. this will improve your sleep and help fight the pain.

Please read through the different sections and read older and new posts. Feel free to ask questions and post answers. I sure hope being here helps you find ways to manage your pain and give you a way to make new friends who understand what your going through. see you around the forum. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back