DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
12/2014
Country
AU
State
nsw
Hi there. :-D

I am new to the forum. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia today by my rheumatologist and have been searching the internet for some answers to questions I really don't know yet!

I was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis 7 years ago and have been on quite a few medications during that time. I am currently on Simponi.

I started getting some "zapping" in my legs and arms about a year ago, along with memory and balance issues. I was also getting that just after a cramp feeling in my calves. Not cramps, but it feels like it does just after you've had a cramp - so not quite as sharp. The memory issues are mainly not remembering what words to use! Getting stumped in the middle of a sentence looking for a simple work like "shoes"!

The neurologist diagnosed me with small fibre neuropathy.

Every time I go the myotherapist (have been going each month for a year now), I always have muscles soreness and knots. I just tell him now to pick a spot - I am sore everywhere!

I have put all this pain down to my psoriatic arthritis - even though it doesn't effect muscles, I figured that as I was getting swelling in the joints, the muscles contracted to protect the area. I get lots of bursitis and tendonitis in various places, and again put this down to psoriatic arthritis.

So with this diagnosis, I now don't know what symptoms belong to which disease! Not that it should matter that much - the symptoms still have to be treated. However how do you know whether your meds are working or not if you don't know what symptom the drug should be helping with?

I have come across Exclyme - a systemic enzyme that is suppose to help fibromyalgia. Does anyone know if this works at all?

I have been prescribed Lyrica for the Fibormyalgia (and for small fibre neuropathy, although I wonder if those symptoms are really related to fibromyalgia).

Any advise or direction for a newbie would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Kerrie 2

Welcome , first off have a good look round the site there a lot that will tell u wheat u need to no.
Fibromyaglia really does give u all kinds of pain and aches . Sore skin sore body like u have flu. Pains in any part of the body. Tiredness that dose not go away with a sleep.or not sleep at all. Stiffness that makes u feel 105 .oh I really could go on. So I'd say images flu and arthritis together.then mix that with being very tired no matter how much sleep you get.
I take anit depressants to help with Nero pain. I take tramadol and paracetamol for the flu like ache and amiptripoline to help me shut down and sleep.most ppl will tell u fibro pain and ache never let up.its really hard to try to explain what is what.so take your time and read as make as you can x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back