Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2013
Country
US
State
CA
Hello-I'm new to this forum. I discovered it while researching fibro and medical marijuana.
In December of 2012, I was admitted to the hospital with acute colitis. After I was discharged, I just could not recover. I felt like I had the flu and could not walk across my house. My GP assured me that this was normal, it would get better, etc, etc....

Never one for patience, I began to research. I stumbled upon a local rheumatologist who specializes in treating chronic fatigue, fibro, lupus, etc. I thought I might have chronic fatigue, but even if I didn't, I had to start somewhere. During my initial exam, when he tested my trigger points, I almost jumped off the table. And the rest, as they say, is history.

I am a 54-yr-old female with 3 children and 2 grandchildren, none of whom live with us. I live with my husband, who has been wonderfully understanding and supportive. My children try, but since they don't see me on a regular basis, I don't think they really get it.

The hardest thing has been mourning the loss of who I thought I was-typical Type A; lawyer, always very active in my church & my community, organized, reliable, dependent, traveler, interested in books, current events, etc. However, I know that my fibro is not as bad as it is for some. I am in awe of those who experience devastating symptoms on a daily basis, while still trying to work and keep with home and family responsibilities. I know I'm very lucky to have a supportive family and medical team.

Hi there, Im Lisa, I am also new. I hope we can find some answers and some strength!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back